Monday, October 13, 2008

Music to our ears...

Today, Bill and I heard a sound that we never thought we would hear again. OUR BABY'S HEART! It is overwhelming to talk about, but we are so excited and want everyone to know it. Today is actually the second time we have been to the doctor and had an ultrasound, but I am further along now and feel better about letting everyone know.

The first ultrasound was about 2 weeks ago, and it is one of those memories that will be burned into my brain forever. It is too special to me to just casually throw out here for any random stranger to read, but those of you that are our friends and family know it is a miracle and there have been many happy tears shed. And Trey was speechless when we told him that he finally gets a turn to be a big brother. The whole experience has been unbelievable so far and it is only going to get better.

I have a very hard time asking for help, so a huge THANK YOU to all of you who have shown excitement for us and for your prayers. It has definitely been noticed :)

11 comments:

Cheryl Meibos said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your miracle...it gives me hope:)

Suzy said...

So excited! It is definately a year for miracles! I hope everything continues to go well! Can't wait to hear about upcoming ultrasounds!

Rachael said...

Yay!!! What a great day! Do let me know if you need anything though. I am out of the loop being in nursery so I really need you to call if you need anything.

Jennifer said...

Congratulation! I am so happy for you guys. Let us know how it goes.

Emily said...

Oh Andy, we are so excited for you I can't even put it into words. We know it was meant to be and that you guys want this baby so bad. We're so excited for Trey. Being a big brother is one of Louis' favorite things in the whole world!!

Jill said...

Yeah for you! I love that lil' sound. It has to be right up there with newborn laughs.
I am SO SO SO happy for you and Bill. You guys deserve all this and a whole lot more. And Trey is going to be the absolute best big brother.
Thanks for the movie and the phone calls. You are always there when I need you the most. Love ya! ~~ Jilly

Jane said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you. It is so lovely to hear a heartbeat! I am seriously giddy for you. congrats.

wendy said...

I didn't know you had a blogg. I to am so happy for the whole family. I was bursting for you when you told me about the amazing news. I'll be praying for your baby and you. Here's to a great next 7 ish months.
wendy

The Bensons said...

Yeah!!! That is too exciting! I am so beyond happy for you. I am so excited for Trey, too. He will be such a good big brother. He has had so many years of watching his parents and learning how to treat eachother that he is going to be awesome. Let me know if you need anything and I'll be over- Congrats!!

Jen B. said...

Andy, I am so happy for you guys!!! I hope you don't mind my blog stalking!! Just wanted to tell you that I was in second grade when I got my first sibling....He is so special to me Trey is lucky to be old enough to have great memories!! Just a thought....Congrats!!

kstaheli said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and your family. This new little one is so lucky-two awesome people for parents, and an older brother who is going to love them so much. I am so happy for you!