Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's a Hat Trick?




Trey is playing city league soccer and is on a team at his school too. The other night he played the best I have ever seen him play. He was the goalie for the first half, and had many saves, the other team didn't score on him. He even dove a couple of times and made it look really cool.

The second half he was a forward. My mom and dad were there to watch him, and my dad buys the grandkids a hamburger if they score. Well, Trey scored early in the second half, and my dad yells out "Do you want fries with your burger?!" Apparently Trey thought that would be great because he was playing like a boy possessed. The kid was everywhere! He scored again, and grandpa says, "if you want a drink too, you gotta go for the Hat Trick." Trey ran off like a crazy man. He ran out of time to score a third time, but he was pretty pumped that he scored his team's only goals.

P.S. A Hat Trick is scoring 3 goals in one game (Trey didn't know what it meant either :))

5 comments:

Emily said...

He's so cute. I keep bribing Louis, but when the whole team moves everywhere the ball goes, it's kind of hard to even kick it! Way to go Trey!

Bristy said...

Gotta love the hat trick! Way to go Trey!! He's an athlete just like his mom!!!(and Dad) Yeah, Billy, I've seen you play Softball.

Jill said...

Way to go Trey! That is awesome.
You may have just a little of your mom's competitive side in you...

The Bensons said...

andy- Sorry but i tagged you. Read my blog to see what to do.

Suzy said...

Andy! I am so glad you found me! You're pregnant! I'm sorry I am so surprised, it is just that the last time I saw you, you were at the doctor's office about to take care of issues that I thought would make that impossible. I am so glad that everything worked out! How far along are you? I would love to hear more of your experiences. You can email me if you want at suzyb at alexanders dot com.