Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sorry about yesterday's post. It sounds like I am totally whining. Really, I think I am still in shock that we are really having a baby. It's like an out-of-body experience.
Actually, I am so excited. And that doesn't even sound good enough to describe how I feel. I am amazed that all of this is actually happening, and it is all that Bill and I seem to be able to talk about.
So instead of telling you all the things that scare me, I will tell you all the things that I am looking forward to.

1.His first cry. That by itself will let me know that he is OK and that everything (and I mean everything) has been worth it.

2.Seeing Bill hold him for the first time.

3.Seeing Trey hold him for the first time.

4.Feeding him, even in the middle of the night. I loved this part with Trey too. Not necessarily the feeding part, but that they are so happy to have you rescue them.

5.Introducing him to his family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends)

6.Snuggling.

7.Seeing what he will look like. I wouldn't mind if you could actually tell he is my kid. The only part of me that Trey has is the nose, the rest is all Bill. I think Trey turned out pretty darn cute though, so maybe we'll stick with what works.

8.Buying new furniture and clothes. We gave everything we had away (that's probably why we are finally able to have another one.)

9.Boring everyone I know with tons of pictures and new memories.

10.Having that nagging heartache go away, and just be crazy happy!

There, that is much better. Just laugh at what I wrote yesterday, that's what I meant it for anyway (well, most of it--I was dead serious about the toe thing).

7 comments:

Jill said...

sounds like you are a normal emotional rollercoaster pregnant girl to me:)
and you have years of catching up to do before you can bore me with your stories.
i am so excited for you.
can i hold him for a while?

Unknown said...

If Trey will ever let him out of his sight, I guess I will let you hold him. What do you think of the name Brevin?

Melissa said...

Andy, you are so cute. Your boys (x3) are lucky to have you. You will be a great new mommy, again.

The Bensons said...

I now want to make an appointment to get my tube reattached. I just had a little tear well in my eye. Do you think Bill will let me babysit?
We are getting a puppy so maybe that will help. You will do great;)

Emily said...

Seriously, it's all good. I am excited for those things for you as well. Plus, the smell. They smell like heaven. And, it will all be worth it. I tell myself that everytime I can't do my pants up. It was all worth it!!

Jill said...

Tag you are it. Go to my blog for the scoop.

Jill said...

Brevin is cute. I like it.
Trey and Brevin... works!